As anyone who is reading this probably knows, I’m fortunate enough to serve as the CEO of a family of companies. Between all our related entities, we probably employ and are in business with about 100 humans. That’s 100 people that I get the pleasure of interacting with on a weekly basis. It may only be through a smile, or brief eye contact, or it might be a hug or a handshake or an email, it doesn’t matter…my point is that I get to be around a ton of people on a daily basis...I know people…I love people, and these are some amazing people that I get to live with and learn from.
1. These humans work hard and they love well.
2. These people overcome impossible obstacles.
3. They fight cancer.
4. They are leaders in their community.
5. They volunteer their time and talents to important things.
6. They care for sick loved ones.
7. They raise amazing children without the help of a spouse or family.
8. They bake amazing cookies
9. They decorate the offices of their co-workers on their birthdays.
10. They pray for co-workers, have faith, and look out for each other as best as they can.
11. They embrace change, and seek out personal growth.
12. They dream bigger than I could personally ever image, they inspire me to want to become a better human.
13. They believe in love.
14. They will fight for what they know is true.
15. They kiss their children at night.
16. They struggle financially.
17. They struggle with depression and sadness.
18. They struggle with alcohol.
19. They give so much more than they receive, and they do it with joy in their hearts.
20. They create the future with their thoughts and words, everyday!
21. They admit their mistakes, and learn from them.
22. They want to grow and become better every day.
23. They don’t know how much they mean to the people around them.
24. They hurt each other.
25. They lift each other up.
26. They coach teams, and invest their precious moments of life into helping others.
27. They transform their minds and their bodies.
28. They are each a superhero, a real, live superhero to someone in their life, I am sure of it.
29. They have powerful, personal energy that others can sense every time they meet.
30. They call bull shit when they see it.
31. They will fight for the underdog.
32. They will bend, but they won’t break…they are unbreakable.
33. They write books.
34. They create music and entertain all fortunate enough to know them.
35. They worry for their children.
36. They don’t feel comfortable in their own skin all the time.
37. They are quick to praise, and slow to gossip.
38. They are consistent and level headed.
39. They are mentally strong.
40. They laugh and bring joy to everyone’s ears.
41. They help raise their grandkids.
42. They fight for their wayward child.
43. They cry happy tears.
44. They understand the Golden Rule.
45. They rarely take the last donut.
46. They extend grace, and forgive with ease.
47. They speak their minds and defend their beliefs and decisions with a humble spirit.
48. They were done great harm as a child.
49. They are above being offended, again, they extend grace, even when it’s undeserved.
50. They are thankful for every day they get to exist.
51. They would die defending freedom and justice, should the need arise.
52. They seek wisdom.
53. They have children that challenge them.
54. They are lovers and best friends.
55. They have scars from their childhood.
56. They are brilliant and witty.
57. They love animals and have kind, gentle hearts.
58. They love the law.
59. They care for widows and orphans.
60. They get divorced.
61. They write a new story, and believe a new dream.
62. They have colorful souls.
63. They don’t communicate their feelings well.
64. They know that anything and everything they want in life is not only possible, but is already theirs.
65. They take responsibility for every decision they have ever made.
66. They have grit, again, these people are unbreakable.
67. They bury loved ones and friends.
68. They count their blessings.
69. They set goals and exceed them.
70. They are in control of every situation.
71. They are steady.
72. They are not swayed by popular opinion.
73. They challenge the status quo.
74. They create systems that make things better.
75. They invent things.
76. They write beautiful code.
77. They delight their customers.
78. They know what it means to fight for their freedoms and their fellow man.
79. They smile with their eyes.
80. They fear what the future might bring.
81. They don’t always trust their instincts.
82. They learn from life’s lessons.
83. They feed the hungry in their community.
84. They pay it forward.
85. They were made for love.
86. They help to bring heaven on earth, everyday.
87. They value the opinions of their peers.
88. They travel and appreciate the earth.
89. They pick up other people’s trash.
90. They dress up for Christmas and bring holiday cheer.
91. If you hit them, they will turn their cheek…or they might hit you right back.
92. They invest in the success of others.
93. They believe in themselves.
94. They forgive, but can have a harder time forgetting.
95. They light up rooms with their spirits.
96. They love unconditionally.
97. They go to school and are lifelong learners.
98. They are organized and pay attention to details.
99. They give me faith in humanity.
I take a couple of minutes to write about these people, because I’m eternally grateful for the humans that I’m lucky enough to do life with.
In our lives, if we work outside the home, we all kind of fall into relationships with other humans based on our chosen profession and which company we choose to work for and invest our lives into.
If you don’t like the humans around you, it might be time to find something else to do with your brief time on this earth.
If you are fortunate enough to consider your career a blessing in your life, look around you and thank the amazing humans who help make each of us who we are.
This is me saying thank you to all you incredible, eternal beings that I get to call my friends and co-workers.